Become a CAREGiver
To us, it’s personal
Caring for elderly New Zealanders requires a special person with a big heart, a compassionate mindset, and an ability to find joy in helping others. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who love to give back to join our team.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our supportive team as a CAREGiver. To us, it’s personal and we need special CAREGivers to help us personally provide the best quality in-home care and support for our elderly clients.
Please be aware that all CAREGivers require a valid driver’s license, car insurance, access to a car and current WOF.
Hear from some amazing CAREGivers…
This role will allow CAREGivers to work flexible hours that enable you to work during the day, evening, or weekends while making a difference through providing compassionate home care and supporting individuals to live independently at home.
At Home Instead, we believe in caring for our employees as much as we care for our clients. CAREGiving with Home Instead comes with access to 24/7 support systems and guidance & gives you the chance to make a meaningful impact in someone’s life, on a daily basis.
You’ll be an ideal fit if you:
- Have a big heart, patience, and a desire to help improve the lives of seniors and their families.
- Be personable, approachable and able to build relationships with each of your clients.
- Have clear communication skills & be proficient in use of and have a mobile smart phone.
- If you are reliable, caring, compassionate, and value and enjoy the company of older people, we invite you to join our team.
Being a CAREGiver is about:
- Providing compassionate home care through building trust and taking the lead to support individuals to live as independently as possible at home.
- Individualised care that is tailored to suit the personal needs of our individual clients.
- Providing personal care to our clients, including assistance with transport and general home support, assistance with meal preparation, showering, dressing, grooming, toileting and mobility.
Why become a Home Instead CAREGiver?
- A rewarding career where you can make a positive difference in the lives of seniors and their families.
- A flexible work schedule that enables you to work hours to suit you either during the day, evening, overnight or at weekends.
- Comprehensive training program where no prior experience or qualifications is required.
- A company that recognises and appreciates the value of the work that you do.