Professional, caring help. All from the comfort of home.
As we get older, everyday tasks can start feeling a little more strenuous. But that doesn’t mean you’ll need to leave your home behind. Home Instead can help you manage living at home; supporting you however is needed.
Our CAREGivers can assist with a variety of common household tasks, including:
As we age, it can become difficult to maintain a balanced diet. Our taste buds diminish and we may lose interest in food or sometimes, we simply lack the energy to cook for ourselves.
With our trained CAREGivers, not only can we help keep your diet and nutrition nutritious and delicious, but we will tailor meal plans and cook dishes at your home to enjoy. Each of our friendly team members can assist with:
- Menu planning
- Grocery shopping
- Meal preparation
- Monitoring diet and eating
- Monitoring food expiry dates.
- Help with errands
- Pick up prescriptions
- Medication reminders
- Assist with transport and travel needs
- General shopping
- Appointment reminders
- Oversee home deliveries
- Laundry and ironing drop off/pick up dry cleaning
- Make beds and change linen
- Dust and vacuum
- Organise and clean cupboards
- Take out the rubbish
- Assist with pet care
- Care of plants, light gardening
- Supervise home maintenance.
- Discuss historical events, record family history
- Play mind stimulating games, participate in crafts
- Accompany to lunch or dinner in a café or restaurant
- Escort to appointments and special events
- Provide companionship and conversation.
How can we help?
Whether you need two hours of support every now and then, a few visits each week or 24 hour care; Home Instead CAREGivers are here to help.
Frequently asked questions
Who is this for?
If you feel you are finding it difficult to complete your household tasks (such as hanging out the washing, vacuuming the floors, dusting, cooking) owing to strength and mobility challenges, but can still manage your personal care (such as showering and dressing), then Home Instead can be a helping hand for you around the home.
How often can you visit me at home?
As often or as little as you like. There is no minimum or maximum to the amount of hours we at Home Instead can provide you with support. Remember we also provide a number of other support and care services.
For example, if you have a number of care appointments to attend to, we can also help you through Care Management or if you’d like support for personal care elements such as showering, we can also provide Personal Care and Assistance.